This is a two-wheeled device whereby the internal gyroscopes are used to detect locomotion in a certain direction. These devices are similar to skateboards when viewed at a far distance.
They got have stands and wheels that help the board to move into propelled directions.It is also a device that operates a powered battery which charges the motor making it travel as per the distance and direction required.
Prices of current popular models:
Components in a HoverBoard, a HoverBoard is made up of the following:
- Two Wheels.
- Two Motors and some two IR sensors.
- Two Gyroscopes to fix them internally.
- Two-speed sensors.
- A very logic board.
- A Battery pack.
- A Power Switch.
- A Plastic Shell.
- A very strong Frame with a steel centered pivot.
- Charging port or an external charging system.
How the HoverBoard works?
HoverBoards are constructed in a way such that in every wheel there is a gyroscope, a speed sensor and a tilt just placed below the frame that the rider is supposed to step. When the rider places his feet on the frame, the gyroscope gives some information to the logic board if tilted either ahead or backward.
The sensor of IR logic some information to the logic board if the rider is not tilting the HoverBoard since its located just below the placement of the foot.This how they IR sensor senses the pressure on the pads of the feet moving the balancing scooters according to self-rider.
When the rider tilts it either backward or ahead at a given angle, the motor is run by the logic board which is relayed by the gyroscope making the two wheels to rotate hence the rider keep on moving. The speed of the HoverBoard can be increased by tilting it more and more.
The importance of each gyroscope in every wheel is making turns.The rider is supposed to move his or her right leg ahead for a left turn and the vice versa. It is fun enough to tilt the HoverBoard in circles and it can be done by tilting any leg ahead.
Infrared rays are used by the IR sensors to get reflected information of the object to get the real prescence and the direction which can be used by many applications. The speed sensors and tilts givea s measurement on trhe speed the of the wheel in motion in revolutions per minute.
The logic board acts like the cental processing unit of the HoverBoard. The main component of the logic board is the microprocessor which is capable of receiving and sending information to all other sensors.
Tips to consider when buying a HoverBoard
You need to consider the following guidelines before you buy a HoverBoard out there in the market.
- Build Quality: You need to consider factors such as frame and wheel materials before buying a HoverBoard. Buying a strong HoverBoard will help you avert instances where they suffer from wear and tear sonn after they are bought.
- Charging Time: always go for a HoverBoard with a short charge time and preferably one that has fast charge technology installed.
- Speed and Range: While most board offer varying speeds and range, it is important to choose one that provides a high speed as well as range because it means that is more usable.
- Portability: You should always go for a lightweight HoverBoard that is easy to carry and portable as well as it will allow you to travell with it much more easily.
- Pricing: Always check for the pricing visavis the specifications because some boards may have a high cost just because they come to a notable brand. They may not be better than boards from less known brands.
HoverBoards are incredible for many reasons. For example, you can bond with your friends as you ride them in the mall. You can also have fun teaching someone how to use it.
HoverBoards are also ideal for business settings especially establishments that focus on fun-filled activities for the family. You can get one for your amusement as well. Almost everyone who loves fun is buying it. In fact, did you know that the number of HoverBoards sold in the US in 2015 was 2,578,000 units?
That is an astronomical figure. Even celebrities had them. You can check online for cool videos of Mike Tyson, Lily Allen, and Jamie Foxx on their HoverBoards. They are hilarious.
- How Much Does A HoverBoard Cost?
- Finding the cheapest HoverBoard without compromising on quality
- OTTO 6.5”
- OSDRICH A8
- HoverHeart 6.5”
- Eyourlife electric HoverBoard
- Final Verdict
- Most Expensive HoverBoard of 2019
- Self-Balancing Scooter HoverBoard UL 2272
- EPIKGO All-Terrain Scooter
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Self Balancing Scooter
How Much Does A HoverBoard Cost?
The average price of one unit was $386 in 2015. However, things have changed considerably from that time because the cost of a HoverBoard varies depending on some factors. They include the materials used, its capabilities, technological features, and aesthetic appeal among other things. These factors have changed over time.
Consequently, the real HoverBoard cost of some models increased since 2015 while the price of others dropped. Today, the purchase price of some of them is as high as $500.
For example, the HoverBoard cost of the Electric HoverBoard UL-2272 is $499. It has alloy wheels that can handle multiple terrains. It also has an 800-watt motor in addition to LED lights and inbuilt Bluetooth Speakers.
In contrast, the HoverBoard price of some can be lower than $150. For example, cost of the NHT Chrome with 6.5-Inch Wheels is $139. It also has inbuilt Bluetooth Speakers and LED lights. However, it has a 250-watt dual motor.
Choosing the Perfect HoverBoard Many factors go into selecting a HoverBoard apart from its cost. One of them is its safety features. Remember, some HoverBoards have caught fire. Others have exploded.
Many of them were faulty HoverBoards bought from fictitious companies producing counterfeit items. Only buy tested HoverBoards that have adequate safety features. For instance, you can go for UL Certified HoverBoards.
Specifically, make sure that it meets the UL certification standard commonly dubbed as UL 2272. This certification means the item passed the test for electrical safety. That means chances of it catching fire are minimal.
Try the Tomoloo LED HoverBoard for Kids. It has a UL 2272 certification in addition to colorful RGB lights. That means it is safe and fun for your kids. The HoverBoard cost of this item is $229.
People often become frustrated when their HoverBoard takes a bit of time to charge.
Others find it annoying when they use a HoverBoard whose balancing power is low. You can avoid these problems by going for original items. They may also take some time to charge, but they will hold that charge for long.
You can go for the EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter if your focus is on balancing power. The HoverBoard price of this item is $699. It has a 400-watt dual motor, LG battery, and 8.5-inch alloy wheels. It can climb a hill that has an 18-degree steep.
It lasts for more than one hour, and it has a 10-mile range. Think about it now that you know its real HoverBoard cost. Check our site for other HoverBoards and their price.
Finding the cheapest HoverBoard without compromising on quality
While cheap isn’t always the way to go when picking out a HoverBoard, or any other thing for that matter, circumstances may dictate that you sort out your shopping list price-wise in a bid to find the most affordable. Typically, a good hoverboard will cost anywhere between $ 100 and $ 1000 (sometimes even much more), and today we seek to isolate the model preferably closest to the $ 100 mark. So how much is the cheapest HoverBoard? Well, let’s find out:
This HoverBoard makes a great argument for an excellent HoverBoard for its price range as it comes equipped with Bluetooth speakers, LED headlights and, most importantly, UL 2272 Certification.
It can support up to 220 pounds and can reach a commendable top speed of 10 miles an hour. Also, the company issues a warranty alongside this board which is definitely a testament to their belief in the product so it’s one worth checking out. At the moment, the OTTO 6” is selling at $ 170 on Amazon and comes in variations of red, blue, green, and black.
- 300 Watt Dual Motors-Max speed up to 10KM/H with a range of 150KM for Single Charge(2hrs) and supports up to 220lbs
- Solid 6.5" studdy Rubber all-terrain tires and aluminum wheels passed a 159-Point Saftey Tests, non-slip foot pedals
- Real time LED indicator and App in monitor your battery usage, riding spped ,three steering sensitivity and three driving force control
Well, if you’re looking for something sleek, stylish and outright cool; then look no further than the A8 that comes in alluring color options of white, red, and blue. Its design is impeccable and its operation just as commendable as it more than holds its own across a variety of terrains.
What’s more, the board has a pair of 6.5” wheels and a semi-submersible protective layer that makes it very capable of traversing off-road terrains, though it doesn’t fare too well on rough trails.
Performance-wise, it has a maximum speed of 10 miles/hour, is waterproof and has UL 2272 safety certification. Amazon has the OSDRICH priced at $ 140 if it seems like one you’d be interested in.
- NEW HOVER BOARD SKINS: Made with Anti-fire Material
- HOVERBOARD PATINETAS ELECTRICAS FEATURES: Electronic Based Hoverboard, Very sturdy- Supporting up to 180 lbs., Impeccable Speed Controlled by Rider, 2 LED Light Up Flash Wheels- Desirable Front LED Lights, Automatic Connecting Bluetooth Speaker for Music, Equipped with a 36V / 4A battery you can hit max speed of up to 10 MPH and Range: 6-8 Miles (Depend on road condition & User Weight)
- SAFETY CERTIFICATION: UL Certificated Hoverboard- Safe and Stable
When ingenious artistry and classy design work meet, the result is the Hoverheart hoverboard. It comes imbued with mesmerizing contours of vibrant colors and is simply a sight for sore eyes. It matches its predecessors with regards to speed and safety qualifications and is perfect for teens and kids alike.
You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to color choice as there are many beautiful shades to choose from. If this model tickles your fancy, you can get the board on Amazon for $ 189.
Eyourlife electric HoverBoard
- Go SAFER : Eyourlife hoverboard excelled in all electrical safety test that UL 2272 required, which means no potential fire hazards.Features LED headlights and Battery indicators for safety,With two mother boards and double control system.
- MORE POWER: Max Speed 10 mph w/ a range of 9 miles powered by a 300-watt dual electric scooter motor.Super Storage Capacity,Can continue to stabilize 15-20 km given life.
- GO ANYWHERE: Strong power and permanent motor and professional anti-slip wheel,and strong grip to the ground. You can travel freely around the city without being bound to the schedule of trains and metror, or just for leisure fun.
With a price tag of $ 170 on Amazon, this self-balancing board strikes the right balance between excellence and affordability. The frame is very robust and has undergone factory tests with a stress of up to 10 tons in a bid to assure safety and longevity. Its operation can be controlled remotely via a mobile app and it’s built for the whole family, children and adults alike. The board puts in a top speed of 6.5 miles an hour and comes in just a single shade of black.
If you’re on the hunt for a board for kids, then you might consider getting the 4.5” variation of the Eyourlife electric model that can handle weights of up to 132 pounds with a safe speed limit of 5 miles/hour.
There you have it folks, a breakdown of some of the cheapest HoverBoards money can buy. If you’re hard-pressed for cash, then any of the models highlighted herein would make a good buy.
Most Expensive HoverBoard of 2019
Looking to buy a HoverBoard? HoverBoards popularity continues to soar with each passing year, especially among city folks. Some are looking for HoverBoards that are safe, while others want to know which is the most expensive HoverBoard in the market.
When looking at the available options, you need to consider factors such as battery technology, wide bases, built-in grooves, and whether they have big wheels.
When looking at which expensive HoverBoard to purchase, ensure you give prominence to battery technology. A good HoverBoard ought to have the best battery technology to assure you that you are not cruising around on a board that is basically a death trap. The following is a list capturing the most expensive HoverBoards in the market.
Self-Balancing Scooter HoverBoard UL 2272
This is currently one of the most expensive HoverBoard, which comes equipped with amazing LED lights and a powerful Bluetooth speaker. A portable royal blue carry bag is also provided free of charge on purchase. The self-balancing scooter UL 2272 retails for 209.99 dollars online.
- Newest 2019 model of electric two wheel self balancing scooter with smart sensor to give you the smoothest and most pleasurable ride possible best for both beginners and expert, kids and adults, boys and girls !
- Built in powerful bluetooth wireless speaker to play your favorite music and blazing beautiful color changing LED top, wheel and head lights to light up your ride
- Each hover board passed UL 2272 & UL 991 highest safety standards, including battery and charger and comes with hologram certificate for your total safety
Some of its features include:
- It is the latest model in the two-wheel balancing scooter category equipped with sensors designed to give you a smooth, and pleasurable ride.
- This expensive HoverBoard is ideal for both beginners and experts, and can be used by kids and grown-ups alike.
- It comes with a built-in Bluetooth speaker that you can use to play your favorite tunes from your smartphone or iPod as you cruise around your neighborhood.
- Equipped with powerful LED head lights that assists in lighting up your ride
- The board has passed all safety standards including charger and battery safety inspection. A hologram certificate is provided to guarantee your safety.
- It comes with solid rubber tires and non-slip footpads helping you maintain your balance as you use it on different terrains both indoors and outdoors.
- A free carrier bag is provided on purchase making it easy to carry the board with your wherever you are going.
EPIKGO All-Terrain Scooter
- GO SAFER - UL 2272 Certified balance board with UL2271 Certified Smart Battery. Underwent and passed 159 tests regarding safety regulations, meaning no potential fire hazards. Recommend at the Age 13+
- MORE POWER - EPIKGO has 400W Dual Motors that help it climb slopes as steep as 18 degree and last over 1 hour and over 10mile range on a single charge, making it the most powerful balance board on the market.
- GO ANYWHERE - Solid rubber tires for all- terrain purposes. Rated IP56 for solidness and water resistance. Easily maneuver through grass, mud and sand on the board built to do more.
This is more than your average expensive HoverBoard. With a retail price of 566.56$, it definitely qualifies to be on the list of the most expensive HoverBoard.
This EPIKGO classic self-balancing board is considered one of the safest boards ever produced. Some of its outstanding features include:
- Provides more foot space guaranteeing a safer, and more stable ride. The improved foot space also means that you get better control over the HoverBoard.
- You are guaranteed more power than with any other board, thanks to its 400 watts’ dual motors. The motors will help you satisfy your need for drifting, acceleration, or speeding.
- It comes equipped with big eight-inch wheels showing that size does indeed matter. With these wheels, you can go anywhere, cruise over any terrain, and still be assured that you are safe on top of the board.
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Self Balancing Scooter
- The world's original patented self-balancing Smart scooter
- The new and improved Razor overtax 2.0 reacts to your every move to provide superior stabilization
- Features silent, dual hub motors with gyro sensor Technology for a Super smooth, hover-board-like ride
Razor has for years been known for their manufacture and production of quality manual scooters. But if the Razor Hovertax 2.0 self-balancing scooter( is anything to go by, they are well on track to producing the most expensive HoverBoard. Retailing at 248$, this HoverBoard has features that include:
- It has a cruising speed of more than eight miles per hour
- Its battery can run for up sixty minutes when used continuously
- Comes with an easy-quick charge battery made by LG
- Features an LED light bar and battery power indicator
HoverBoards are some of the most popular and fascinating gifts to give to loved ones, regardless of their age, gender, or height. From the list above, it should not be too difficult for you to find an expensive HoverBoard for yourself, or for a loved one.